Latest OpenDDS Foundation TAB Minutes
26 July 2023
TECHNOLOGY ADVISORY BOARD MEETING
|Chris Gill||Professor, Computer Science & Engineering, Washington University St. Louis||X|
|David (DJ) James||Tech Director for Software, DRS Land Systems||✓|
|Andrew Job||Founder and CEO, Plotlogic||X|
|Adam Mitz||OpenDDS Product Lead and Distinguished Engineer, Object Computing||✓|
|Matt Mueller||Enterprise Operations Branch Head, United States Navy||X|
|Marc Neeley||VP of Architecture, Object Computing||X|
|Jason Schindler||2GM Managing Director, Object Computing||X|
|Johnny Willemsen||CTO, Remedy IT||X|
|Justin Wilson||Principal Software Engineer, Object Computing||✓|
|Jen Wiese||OpenDDS Community Engagement Manager, Object Computing||✓|
The Meeting Was Led By: Justin Wilson
- Current Release: OpenDDS 3.25
- Next Release: OpenDDS 3.26
- OMG Membership
- Mailing List
- Security Vulnerabilities
- Observer supports dispose and unregister.
- -Gequality for generating == and != for structs and unions
- Encoding and decoding functions for CDR and JSON exposed to Java
- Improve cleanup related to RtpsRelay tracking of client IPs
- ConfigStore applied to [common] and common elements of [transport]
- CMake improvements and fixes
- More docs included in DevGuide
- Fix null pointer from RTPS Parameter with incorrect size
- Fix deserializing bounded sequences with JSON
- Continue with building OpenDDS with CMake
- Continue with ConfigStore
- Given our current pace, this work will extend into OpenDDS 3.27
- UNITY/OpenDDS Foundation is in the process of joining the OMG
- >Membership allows OpenDDS Foundation to interact with the OMG on behalf of the OpenDDS user community
- The mailing lists hosted on SourceForge are not very active (~1 thread a month).
- This discussion board on GitHub is more active (~1 thread a week). >
- Current plan is to close and archive the SourceForge mailing lists and redirect to GitHub discussions.
- >Goal is to consolidate this information so users (and maintainers) don’t have to look in multiple places.
- We have enabled the security vulnerability reporting mechanism on the GitHub repository.
- A user has reported a vulnerability which was fixed in 3.25.
Agenda for Next Meeting
- Date: TBD in October 2023 (Morning)
- Note: We are alternating mornings and afternoons (Central Time) to accommodate timezones for all TAB members
- Topics: TBD