Ensure that your environment has:
- Visual Studio
- Optional Java SDK 1.5 or greater for Java JNI binding support
See Building for a complete list of dependencies and supported platforms.
- Download and extract the latest zip from the download site
- Start a Visual Studio Command Prompt
- Enter the OpenDDS-<version> directory
configure(To enable Java support, use
- Determine the solution to build from the output of the configure script. The solution will have a .sln extension.
- Start Visual Studio by executing the solution from the command prompt, e.g.,
- Select Build -> Build Solution
See Support if you encounter problems with configuration or building.
cd DevGuideExamples\DCPS\Messengerfor C++ example or
cd java\tests\messengerfor Java example
The Messenger Example starts an InfoRepo, publisher, and subscriber. The InfoRepo allows the publisher and subscriber to find each other. Once the publisher finds the subscriber, it sends 10 messages to the subscriber and waits 30 seconds for the subscriber to acknowledge the messages.
Note: The setenv.cmd script sets various environment variables needed for building, linking, and running with OpenDDS. Be sure to execute setenv.cmd if you start a new Visual Studio Command Prompt.