OpenDDS is an open source C++ implementation of the Object Management Group (OMG) Data Distribution Service (DDS). Java applications can use OpenDDS through JNI bindings. OpenDDS was developed and open sourced by OCI. We welcome community contributions to the project. Commercial support is also available; see the support page for more information.
OCI is offering the following live online OpenDDS training classes. Each class consists of two 3-hour sessions.
- February 26-27, 2019: Intro to OpenDDS Programming with C++
- February 28 - March 1, 2019: Intro to OpenDDS Programming with Java
Current Release: OpenDDS 3.13
Release notes for Version 3.13 of OpenDDS
- Includes a beta implementation of the OMG DDS Security 1.1 specification
- Monitor library can be enabled with -DCPSMonitor 1 or ini file
- Updated Wireshark dissector now supports Wireshark version 2.x
- MultiTopic: use Topic’s QoS when creating constituent data readers
- Memory management improvements
- Command-line argument -DCPSRTISerialization takes a 0/1 parameter
- Further refined fix for RtpsUdpDataLink::remove_sample locking
- Improved Java bindings build process when using GNU Make
- RTPS interoperability fixes from testing at OMG conferences
- OpenDDS can be completely shut down and restarted within a process
- Fix for in-process messaging in FACE TSS (PR #819)
- Fix for ReadCondition leak in OpenDDS::FaceTSS::receive_message (PR #832)
- TCP reconnect enhancements
- Removed unused sequence number tracking in DataReaderImpl
- Fixed a memory leak in content filtering on the subscriber side
- rtps_udp transport: improved handling of socket errors
- RTPS discovery: avoid skipping sequence numbers in SEDP
- InfoRepo: improved persistence with Built-in Topics
- The contrib directory, which contained unmaintained code, was removed
Using the GitHub “releases” page
Download OpenDDS-3.13.zip (Windows) or OpenDDS-3.13.tar.gz (Linux/Solaris/MacOSX) instead of using the GitHub-generated “source code” links.
Download OpenDDS-3.13.zip (Windows)
Download OpenDDS-3.13.tar.gz (Linux/Solaris/MacOSX)
The NEWS file contains release notes for all previous releases.