OpenDDS requires TAO. If you will be using the
configurescript for OpenDDS (see the
INSTALL.mdfile for details), you do not need to download TAO first -- the
configurescript will download it for you.
OpenDDS has been tested against the versions of TAO given below. Note that the _._a releases are from OCI and can be obtained from https://www.theaceorb.com/. The DOC Group releases can be obtained from https://github.com/DOCGroup/ACE_TAO/releases. For responsive support from OCI it is recommended that the latest version of the OCI release of TAO used for OpenDDS development and testing be used.
- OCI TAO 2.2a patch 21
- DOC Group TAO 2.5.14
GNU Make 3.80 or higher is used for automating the compiling and linking of OpenDDS on Unix and Linux systems.
Perl is used for running the automated tests and examples included in this source tree and for generating Makefiles or Visual Studio project files.
The "configure" script also uses Perl.
On Windows platforms, we recommend the use of Strawberry Perl.
This release of OpenDDS has been tested under the following platforms:
- Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Red Hat EL and CentOS 6.6, 6.8 and 6.9 (x86_64), Red Hat EL and CentOS 7.2, 7.3, and 7.4 (x86_64), Red Hat EL 8.0 (x86_64), Fedora 24 and 31 (x86_64), Debian 9.4 (i686), Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (x86_64), openSUSE 42.1 (x86_64)
- macOS 10.15.2 (Catalina)
- Android NDK r18b (ARM)
- Linux on Raspberry Pi
- We have also built OpenDDS for VxWorks 6.9 and 7 and have run basic
system and performance tests (but not the entire regression test suite).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for
more information on support for ACE, TAO, and OpenDDS on VxWorks.
OCI's packages for ACE, TAO, and OpenDDS are available from our website
This release of OpenDDS has been tested using the following compilers:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 10 with SP1 (Visual Studio 2010)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 11 (Visual Studio 2012) - Update 4
- Microsoft Visual C++ 12 (Visual Studio 2013) - Update 5
- Microsoft Visual C++ 14 (Visual Studio 2015) - Update 3
- Microsoft Visual C++ 14.1 (Visual Studio 2017) cl 19.16.27044
- Microsoft Visual C++ 14.2 (Visual Studio 2019) cl 19.24.29335
- gcc 4.4.7, 4.8.5
- gcc 6.2.1, 6.3.0
- gcc 7.2.0, 7.5.0
- gcc 8.2.0, 8.2.1
- gcc 9.3.1
- gcc 12.2.0
- Ubuntu clang 14.0.6
- Ubuntu clang 15.0.0